Viper pilot : a memoir of air combat / Dan Hampton.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Cass County.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Cass County Library-Harrisonville||358.4 HAM 2013 (Text)||0002205638204||Adult Non-Fiction||Checked out||07/23/2020|
- ISBN: 9780062130341
- ISBN: 006213034X
- Physical Description: 345 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations, map ; 21 cm
- Edition: 1st William Morrow paperback edition.
- Publisher: New York : William Morrow, 2013.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Prologue: Angel of death -- YGBSM -- Cold war and hot times -- The elephant -- Fly like an Egyptian -- Patchwearer -- Intermission -- Shock and awe -- Sandstorm -- The valley of the shadow -- SAMbush -- ELI 33 -- Endgame.
Profiles the life of fighter pilot Dan Hampton, a leading member of the Wild Weasels, the elite Air Force fighter squadrons sent first into a war zone and purposely drawing fire from surface-to-air missiles and artillery. Describes his service in the 2003 invasion of Iraq and includes actual flight data, mission reports, and intelligence summaries, all of which have been declassified.
Search for related items by subject
Personal narratives > American.