Love, Zac : small-town football and the life and death of an American boy / Reid Forgrave.
- 5 of 5 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Cass County.
1 current hold with 5 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Cass County Library-Northern Resource Center||YA 617.1027 FOR 2020 (Text)||0002205510882||Young Adult Non-Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781616209087
- ISBN: 1616209089
- Physical Description: 275 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Publisher: Chapel Hill, North Carolina : Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill, 
|Formatted Contents Note:||
1. The Seed -- 2. The Ancestors -- 3. The Father -- 4. The Hammer -- 5. The Coach and the Trainer -- 6. The Roller Coaster -- 7. The Doctor -- 8. The Reckoning -- 9. The End -- 10. The Future -- Epilogue -- Acknowledgments.
"The story of a young man from small-town Iowa who decided to take his own life rather than continue his losing battle against the traumatic brain injuries (CTE) he had sustained as a no-holds-barred high school football player, and at the same time a larger story about the hot-button issues that football raises about masculinity and violence, and about what values we want to instill in our kids"-- Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Easter, Zac, 1991-2015.
Football players > Iowa > Biography.
High school athletes > Iowa > Biography.
Football injuries > Patients > Iowa > Biography.
Brain > Concussion > Patients > Iowa > Biography.