Gâteau : the surprising simplicity of French cakes / Aleksandra Crapanzano ; illustrations by Cassandre Montoriol.
A James Beard-winning writer and dessert columnist for The Wall Street Journal shares the secrets of Parisian home baking and provides recipes for simple yogurt cakes, bûches de Noël, nut tortes, yuzu madeleines, and rum-soaked babas.
When we think of French desserts, we tend to imagine ornate creations and confections. Perhaps we envision a tarte Tatin, but rarely a homemade cake, whipped up on a weeknight with little fuss. But that is exactly what Parisians make and eat. Gâteaux are simple, delicious cakes, both sweet and savory, served to family and friends.
- ISBN: 9781982169732
- ISBN: 1982169737
- Physical Description: xxix, 351 pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm
- Edition: First Scribner hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York : Scribner, 2022.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Cake > France.
Desserts > France.
- 1 of 2 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Cass County.
- 0 current holds with 2 total copies.